As a “thank you” for hosting an intern this summer, Google gave me a little Android figurine. When I took it out of its box, a little backpack fell out, too. The backpack actually zipped and unzipped, but it didn’t have anything in it. So I decided to make a Macbook Air for it.
First, I made the Apple logo at a reasonable size as a small tube:
Then I rolled out the tube to miniaturize the logo:
I didn’t roll it out quite evenly enough, so I lost the leaf. However, the apple’s shape came out pretty well:
I sliced off a piece of my “Apple tube” and dropped it into a grey rectangle for the Macbook body. Then I had to add back in the leaf. The logo was so tiny at this point that even the tip of a pin was a little big for the amount of clay I was working with:
Finally, I baked it and put it in the backpack!