The night before Valentine’s Day, I got Andrew a crate of clementines (they’re already gone). Yesterday, the Doghouse Diaries ran:
I came down with a cold on Friday and neither of us wanted to do anything for Valentine’s Day so we ended up playing Legend of Zelda most of it. When we got hungry, we started looking through the cabinets and I saw some dried apricots that reminded me of some chocolates Andrew got me for Christmas.
“For future reference,” I said, “I loved those chocolate-covered apricots. They were so good.”
“You want to make some now?” he asked.
Now, I was sick and tired and that sounded a lot like work. But it was so freakin easy. And awesome. And delicious. And come on, how much more romantic can you get? Here’s how to do it yourself:
- Take a lump of semisweet baker’s chocolate about twice the size of a Hershey’s bar
- Stick it in a bowl in the microwave for 30 seconds
- Mush it up and dump in a bunch of dried fruit/nuts/whatever
- Spoon each chocolate-covered item onto a sheet of parchment
- Stick the parchment in the fridge
An hour later, we had my favorite chocolates.
Then we watched Star Wars.
My life is awesome. Thank you for being so wonderful, Andrew.